The Institute is the inspiration of, and the result of decades of work by, Dr Pheo Martin. Using the paradigm of the 21st century, the Institute networks and collaborates in the areas of business, healthcare, and education.
This website is relatively new. In 2011, the Institute published the book,The Age of Life as an introduction to the main areas of the Institute’s contributions. (The pdf version of this book can be downloaded for free on “The Book” page)
Reading this book will be a comprehensive introduction to three challenges for humanity in the 21st century: 1) stabilizing human cultures, 2) restoring the environment, and 3) developing the crucial resource of the century — humanity. Leadership needed to meet these challenges includes:
opening traditionally closed societal systems
optimizing human potential
maximizing the effectiveness of the increasing number of collaborations focused on solving complex societal and global issues and problems
The Age of Life book focuses on what opening a closed system involves, and shows the strong precedents of this already occurring in business, healthcare, and education. The book also presents the necessary topic of developing human potential. Strong indications of an innate increased capacity for integrative consciousness (ego and holistic consciousness) are presented, with how to optimize such integration. The book ends with showing the increased number of collaborations occurring in business, healthcare, and education, and how to maximize the effectiveness of these.
The website will provide the Institute’s ongoing tracking of precedents and developments on the “Business,” “Healthcare,” and “Education” website pages. Companion links pertinent to two other Institutes working specifically in the areas of wellness/personal healthcare and education are provided. Also, the Institute will be starting a program, in which those showing leadership will be able to network with one another. Facilitating such networks increases the potential effectiveness of each.
The Institute has also generated several new terms for this 21st century:
- QUALLE (quality of all life and the environment)
- Service Capital (efforts that are given to improve the quality of life, not only without a profit motive, but one that typically will have a financial and/or personal cost)
- SYNCOLLAB (synergistic collaboration process) that will maximize the effectiveness of collaborations
- Personalization, (an interdisciplinary field of knowledge for developing that most vital resource of the 21stcentury – humanity)
- Integrative consciousness (the balanced integration of ego and holistic consciousness — area of research/study and contribution that is very pertinent to meeting the challenges of the 21st century)